The second week of my summer transformation proved that you don’t have to go extreme to see results. Here are some tips I found help me see a difference.
- Yes, drink loads of water. Water keeps you full and what I found most of the time I thought I was hungry I was actually only thirsty.
- Don’t stress if the scale says you haven’t lost weight, Muscle does weigh more than fat.
- Avoid refined wheat, I still eat rye and brown rice but just less there of.
- Protein is your friend. I try eat as much protein as I can.
- When you cheat, its not that bad. Don’t beat yourself up about it and just give up because now you cheated, and think; “Well now I cheated so I might as well just start again on Monday”. Redeem yourself by doing a little extra exercise.
- Exercise is key, any shape or form thereof. I treadmill 4 times a week and include doing some weight exercise at home with 2 kg weights. I walk around the house and then stop to do reps of 10 at a time. Or I stand and watch TV while doing my weight reps. They are done before I know it. ( This week Bodytec and Flexi-sport starts, so check in again soon )
- I hate counting calories, but I do try keeping my meals around the 300 calorie mark and snacks at 100 calories. Then I know what I’ve put in my body.
- One day a week, I have an “out-day” (This could mean dinner with friends, seeing family etc.) on which I might have something I don’t normally have during the rest of the week.
- Do not take on the responsibility to cook something different for other members of your household. The temptation is hard and I find it easier to feed them what I am eating.
- Bio oil, honestly works. It just makes my skin feel amazing and helps reduce my uneven skin tone.
So there you have it, easy peasy steps to follow to see your own transformation!