Leather leggings are a super cool style item to own right now, but stay clear of these if your dress sense isn’t exactly “rock chic” or “boho” already. Beware that leather- other than the obvious leather jacket- can very easily end up wearing you instead of you wearing it. But if you feel confident enough to wear them, here are some rules to do it properly.
- Matte black is always better.
- Unfortunately, you have to be skinny and not just boy skinny, sexy skinny.
- Leather is best worn with contrasting textures, so go wild, layer, but do not wear more leather.
- Do not wear boots with leather tights- no, never.
- Heels or pumps work best.
- Try buying them ever so slightly big, I am not saying swim in them but just comfortable- for all of us.
- Leather is leather and any other wannabe fabric is not ok.
- There is no need for detail on your leather leggings, so you don’t need pockets or patterns etc.
- I’ve said it before, but just in case you missed it: Leather is not PVC.
- Confidence is key here girls.
I am going to go so far as to say, I am not sure if any South African girl can actually pull this look off successfully except of course for Charlize Theron. You can’t try to make it work on you and just hope for the best; you have to own it. The only other problem with the trend is that I’ve seen Victoria Beckham wearing leather leggings and like we all know Victoria is where fashion goes to die.